In 90 minutes or less, take a professional development journey with food tourism industry founder Erik Wolf. That’s right, it was Erik’s idea to organize and professionalize a food tourism industry so he founded the World Food Travel Association back in 2003. He has served as its Executive Director ever since. Today, the Association is the most respected food tourism organization in the world. No need to spend thousands of dollars (or euros or whatever) on a Master’s Degree or on in-person training on how to create a food tour. This Masterclass provides so much information, that if you pay attention and ask questions when needed, you could be well on your way to your next great career!
Food tours are FUN. They are NOT hard to put together (but it does take work). You can have the freedom you want to deliver tours anywhere on the planet. Live where you want to live. Make some extra cash doing it part-time or turn it into a profitable career. And by food tours, we mean beverages too – wine, beer, distilled spirits, even fruit juices are possible!
Recent data from our Association’s Food Travel Monitor research report shows that 93% of travelers engage in some kind of unique food or beverage experience when they travel. That means that almost everyone can now be considered a food traveler! And only about 18% of travelers prefer gourmet experiences. If gourmet isn’t your thing, that’s OK. There are still more than enough customers for you!
According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization, “Demand for international tourism remained robust in 2016 despite challenges. International tourist arrivals grew by 3.9% to reach a total of 1,235 million, according to the latest UNWTO World Tourism Barometer.” In other words, tourism is a growth industry and there’s plenty of space for your new food or beverage tour company!
OK, what will you learn? Well, a lot! It’s a full Masterclass offered under the auspices of our World Food Travel University. Specifically, you’ll learn the following:
- Brief history of food tours (background).
- How food & beverage tours differ from other kinds of tours (positioning).
- How to structure a food or beverage tour business and avoid pitfalls (strategy & operations).
- How to identify the 13 types of food travelers (demographic & psychographics)
- How to plan and operate food/beverage tours in other countries (internationalization).
- How to staff appropriately for each position, including hiring the right guides (human resources).
- What are the different types of food tours and how to develop products to sell in your food or beverage tour business (product development).
- How & where to promote your food or beverage tours (marketing).
- How to sell your tours (sales).
- How to service the special needs of food & beverage travelers (service).
- How to plan for site inspections, health & safety and emergencies (logistics).
- What technology and software should you use in every aspect of your business? (technology)
- How to estimate your costs and profits, and how to price your tours (finance).
- Examples & case studies of current food & beverage tour companies
- Additional resources (downloadable workbook, 1-page business plan, audio interview, industry glossary, ethics & more)
- Tips & tricks from the world’s leading authority on food tourism, the World Food Travel Association
And if that’s not enough, we invite you to ask as many questions as you want.
So what are you waiting for? Take the next step towards doing what you really want. Learn how to create a food or beverage tour company. And for current food/beverage tour operators, we’ve got you covered as well – you might know the basics, but there is a lot of very detailed and new information that will be of use to you. The Tips & Tricks lecture alone is worth your time.
I hope to see you in the classroom soon!
Erik Wolf, Executive Director
World Food Travel Association
Qual è il pubblico target?
- Food & beverage entrepreneurs seeking new ways to diversify their revenue stream
- Existing food/beverage tour companies wanting to improve their tour products or operations
- Chefs/restaurants who want to lead food/beverage tours
- Companies that serve as a vendor to a food/beverage tour company
- Recent university graduates (or current students) interested in food/beverage tours/tourism
- Anyone looking for a career change (part-time or full-time)
- Anyone interested in the food or beverage tour industry
Corso in lingua inglese
1,5 ore di video on-demand