If you’ve never met a Deaf person, you may be unsure how to communicate with them. This is not a skill you’re born with, so how can you be expected to know.
Become Deaf-Friendly, Gain More Customers
‘Deaf-Friendly Hospitality for Hotels’ is a course designed for anyone that works in the hotel industry. In less than one hour you can learn the basics to assisting a Deaf hotel guest to make sure they have a positive deaf-friendly experience at your establishment. In this short course, you will:
- Discover insight into the issues facing Deaf travelers
- Identify areas in your establishment that need improvement
- Learn American Sign Language vocabulary to assist you in communication
- Apply tips and tricks to become a deaf-friendly establishment
The course is structured in a very straight-forward way. There are powerpoint presentations, hyperlinks to resources, downloadable tip sheets and a video where you will learn useful Sign Language vocabulary including the American Sign Language Manual Alphabet.
Join us in creating a Deaf-Friendly hotel experience!
Qual è il pubblico target?
- This course is designed for all individuals whom work in the hospitality industry including but not limited to hotels, motels, lodges, and bed and breakfasts.